In 1961, attorney Preston C. Carlisle established his law firm at the historic Preston King Building in Ogdensburg, New York. The building was built in 1800, and named after the United States senator Preston King, a relative of Mr. Carlisle, who resided there during his senate term. In 1967 Mr. Carlisle became the first assistant district attorney of St. Lawrence County, while continuing to practice law at his own firm. In 1975, Preston Carlisle left his work with the district attorney’s office to concentrate on building his own practice. Since that time, Carlisle Law Firm, with the addition of attorneys William W. Carlisle and Lloyd G. Grandy II has come to be recognized as one of the most prominent law firms in St. Lawrence County.
The attorneys of Carlisle Law Firm are members of various professional organizations. Guided by principles of integrity and hard work, our firm will work tirelessly to uphold the legacy of client representation in the courtroom. Personal service and careful attention to our clients’ needs are at the very core of what we do, and the primary reason our firm has been successful in satisfying our clients over the years.
For more information about how we structure the attorney-client relationship, we invite you to review the Clients Rights and Responsibilities page.